I am starting to think that picking a location for a wedding is a bit like rushing a fraternity. If you really want to [join/hold your wedding here], be prepared for some hazing.
How else to describe some of the policies I've come across, which read almost like challenges ("Just how much do you really want to have your wedding here?") or dares ("What if we make you alligator-wrestle? Still wanna [pay thousands of dollars to] get married here now? Well do ya?").
One place requires you to rent chairs for the ceremony and reception. Fine. But you have to rent two separate sets, at least if you want your guests to sit at both affairs. I dunno. Is seating optional these days?
Does my surprise seems hopelessly naive to wedding veterans?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You could have people bring their own chairs ... Or yoga mats, as a protest against the absurdity of the whole wedding industry?
And they do have benches in every courthouse.
heh... maybe the city of new haven should make some extra cash by renting out the courthouse for weekend weddings.
seems mom was on to something.
Post a Comment