Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thoughts of the Day

Now in numbered form!

1. David Paterson admits he cheated on his wife. Turns out, his wife cheated on him too. What the hell is wrong with people? Is this marriage thing a joke?

2. I guess not if you're Heather Mills. Da-amn.

3. I've gotten used to the wedding-related price tags so much that my eyes no longer bug out so much when I see all the digits. But then today I got an email from one place that got me all bug-eyed again. In addition to the mandatory costs, like the $18/hour parking valet, there is the standard per-person food cost. Cost? $225 a person. Then again, I probably shouldn't have looked past the $24,000 site rental fee.

4. Meanwhile, while pondering bridal gowns (and how unexcited they make me), I was even more startled by the wording on one price tag. $895 each. Um, ok.

5. My secret plan to convince Rick to elope seems to be gaining steam. Ssh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at $65 you can't beat City Hall (and that includes the marriage license!). Then you can spend a small fraction of that $24k on a really good after-party.

Anonymous said...

ps -- and as james pointed out, it's an excellent time to buy a house. that'd get you a down payment, easily!