Monday, June 16, 2008

Color Wars

Mystifying wedding concept alert: Wedding colors. What gives?

(If you have any suggestions, do share or [subtle plug] weigh in on the poll on the right side of the page.)

Apparently it's important to have colors for your wedding. Or at least it's something a lot of people seem to do. I'm not really sure why you need a declared scheme if you're not, say, having a Christmas or Denver Broncos-themed wedding. Can't you just make sure everything matches and looks basically pleasing?

If I got, say, blue bridesmaid dresses and pink flowers, would declaring our colors as pink and blue make those colors somehow more ours? Would everyone we know think of us when they see anything ranging from magenta to teal? Would the guests dress accordingly? Is it criminal if the dresses and bouquets don't match the table runners and cocktail napkins?

Or am I missing something?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of any requirement to "declare your wedding colors".

But it reminds me of when we were kids and everyone had a theme for their bar mitzvah (like superheroes, sports, etc.). Mine was cars.

So I suggest you go with "My Little Pony" colors.

My second choice: "Thundercats".

Anonymous said...

Since you are having an August wedding,I think it would be lovely to use any assorted summer flower colors that you like.

KHBirdman said...

How about go GREEN. This way, it's enviornmentally friendly and will match the colors of the JETS as well ! Groom wears a tux made out of the Jets Uniform, bride wears a helmet, bridal party is in Jets Cheerleader outfits and groom's party wears uniforms ! It would be SO different and less stressful picking colors.